With just over two weeks to go until Sea Sessions returns to the unique festival setting of Bundoran.
More than just a music festival, check out just ten of the reasons why Sea Sessions is Ireland’s most unique festival.
1. Birthday Celebrations. Its their 10th Birthday and they’re going nuts to celebrate - if you’re ever going to Sea Sessions - this is the year.
2. The Campsite. There’s an amazing new campsite right on the Wild Atlantic Way overlooking Tullan strand - its possibly the most amazing festival campsite you’ll ever stay in.
3. Sports. You can watch some of Europe's top Surfers take on Ireland's best as they battle it out in the water or join in the sports yourself by playing tag ruby, volleyball or beach soccer as part of the barefoot Beach Olympics
4. The People. The locals are sound, they love the festival and really get into the spirit of things, festival goers are always welcome and they don't get ripped off.
5. Uniqueness. It’s Ireland's only Surf Music Festival and if you want to know what the world would look like if surfers took over, it’s a must.
6. Donegal. Donegal was named the "Coolest Place on the Planet" by National Geographic Traveller Magazine with writers name checking it as the top place to visit in 2017 ahead of Santiago and Helsinki.
7. The Awards. Along with been nominated for countless Awards the festival won the prestigious IMRO Best Music Festival award beating the likes of Electric Picnic, Cork Jazz and Longitude, a pretty massive achievement.
8. New Talent. Sea Sessions spots and supports new talent. Alongside the upcoming bands that have played when nobody knew them (Picture This, Walking on Cars, The Riptide Movement, The Academic and loads more). There’s also the excellent Unsigned Sessions that plucks 2 winners from 100’s of entries each year.
9. The Town. It’s in the middle of a town. You can go to the pub, grab a bite or party into the wee small hours in one of the nightclubs. Sea Sessions is the only festival to be blessed with multiple accommodation options, from surf hostels, to the main campsite, apartments, 3 and 4 star hotels, B&B's and guest houses.
10. The Fans. The Festival would of course be non-existent without all the very cool festival fans that come along every year to enjoy the beach party vibes!!
Headlining on Friday, June 22 is Dizzee Rascal, Walking On Cars on Saturday 23 June and Rudimental on Sunday 24 June 2018. Hannah Wants and Dusky will headline the new Astoria Dance Stage and Irish album chart toppers Delorentos and The Blizzards will headline the new Monroe's stage.
Friday 22 June 2018
Dizzee Rascal, Dusky, Hudson Taylor, Le Galaxie, Versatile, Fekky, DJ Yoda (AV show), The Hot Sprockets, DJ Deece, Molly Sterling, Amber & The Bear, New Valley Wolves, Thumper, Alan Finan, Order of the Mess, Ciara Brady
Saturday 23 June 2018
Walking On Cars, Hannah Wants, Chasing Abbey, The Blizzards, Jerry Fish, Wild Youth, Kormac (AV show), David Keenan, Brave Giant, Interskalactic, Willie & The Bandits, Get Down Edits, 1000 Beasts, Vernon Jane, Colin Perkins, Sixpenny Plug
Sunday 24 June 2018
Rudimental, Everything Everything, Delorentos, Greg Wilson, Stomptown Brass, Fabio, DJ Mek, Marc O'Reilly, Waldorf & Cannon, Elaine Mai, Slow Place Like Home, Ryan McMullan, Delta Fuse, A Different Animal, Motion DJs.
Tickets available from all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide, www.ticketmaster.ie. Priced from €109.90 for 3 days and €134.90 including 4 nights camping.
There's also limited single day tickets available from €49.50, Surfer Bar (VIP) Upgrades from €50 extra plus Glamping options. Check www.seasessions.com for more details.
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.