Job Opportunity in Ballybofey: Deli Manager
Harkin’s Gala Donegal Road, Ballybofey are seeking applications for a Deli Manager. Harkin’s Gala is a vibrant busy retail forecourt with a high emphasis on our fresh food to go offering. Applicants should be enthusiastic and passionate about fresh food. Know and value the importance of customer services. Have good interpersonal skills and be driven to lead a dedicated team. Have at least 3 years experience in the food industry. H.A.C.C.P certified and the knowledge and desire to deliver the very best in fresh food safety standards.
If you would like to join our team and believe you have what it takes please sent a C.V to [email protected]
or by post to Harkin’s Gala, Donegal Road, Ballybofey, Co Donegal to arrive no later than 12:00PM on Friday 14th June 2019.
The Ideal Candidate will have/be
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a fresh food type environment
- Fully trained and certified in HACCP and food safety and has the knowledge and experience to meet all HACCP and food safety standards
- Have a track record in the ordering of supplies to allow for the smooth running of a fresh food outlet
- Managing waste within a fresh food environment to agreed targets
- Have a passion for the fresh food industry
- Good communication skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to lead and inspire a team of highly committed staff
- Work closely with the Managing Director and Store Manager to provide the best possible customer experience and standards.
- Preparation of all food, display and layout of all fresh food areas
- Minimise waste within the department and work to agreed percentages in line with best industry practice.
- Strive to increase sales and margin to ensure the continued success of the business
- Be innovative in new ideas and products that will ensure we can stay ahead of our competitors
- Motivate your team to achieve the highest possible standards in the preparation, display and quality of fresh food products
- Train new staff if an when necessary
- Roster staff in conjunction with the Store Manager to meet the business requirements and keeping in line with best industry practice
- Be customer focused and ensure the team deliver the very best in Customer Services to all our customers.
- Continually looking at new concepts and initiatives that will drive the business and ensure that all the team engage and embrace same.
- Ensure that all areas associated with the preparation and display of food is kept to the highest standard of cleanliness.
Joy Type Full time Permanent (Subject to trail period)
Salary Starting at €26,000 per year
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.