Inishowen families are being to check if they are eligible and apply for the September 2018 Back to School Clothing and Footwear Allowance.
Independent Councillor Nicholas Crossan said the allowance for the next school year has been announced by the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection would meet the cost of uniforms and footwear for school children.
Cllr. Crossan added: “I fully appreciate how expensive back to school costs are for families.
"It is a major concern raised with me in the community each July and August. I urge families to find out if they are eligible and to make full use of the Scheme.”
The qualifying criteria are for families who are:
* Getting a social welfare payment (including Working Family Payment and Back to Work Family Dividend) or a Health Service Executive payment
* Taking part in an approved employment scheme (back to work scheme)
* Taking part in a recognised education or training course
* Involved in an Area Partnership Scheme
* Attending a FET (formerly Fás), Fáilte Ireland or LES training scheme.
Application is available from the 22 June next and the closing date is 30 September.
Application forms will be available from June 22 at Intreo Centres, Social Welfare Offices or online at www.welfare.ie<http://www.welfare.ie>
Cllr Crossan said help with filling in application forms was available at local Intreo Centres, or Social Welfare Offices.
Completed applications should be returned to: Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection, Social Welfare Services, College Road, Sligo, F91 T384. Tel, Locall:1890 66 22 44.
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.