A leading Donegal-based construction company and property developer is recruiting for an experienced Construction Manager / Civil Engineer. It is a full-time role and is required because of the company’s continued expansion.
GDC (Irl) Ltd specialises in the construction of quality housing developments for both the public and private sectors.
The successful candidate will have the desire and experience to successfully manage the day to day operations of construction site activities while offering strong commercial assistance across all aspects of housing construction.
- The successful person will be responsible for the day to day management of construction site activities
- Materials procurement, quantifying, scheduling, programming, ordering and documentation
- Sub-contractor procurement, pre-appointments, programming and coordination
- Value engineering exercises and cost control management
- Coordination of structural, external and internal works/finishes from conception to final certification
- Quality control management of works and finishes to the highest standards
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety requirements. Safe management of works, management of safety documentation along with the continual development & improvement of current safety, welfare and quality systems
- Management, coordination, distribution of design drawings and details within the team
- Have a strong commercial and contractual awareness with a good understanding of correct procurement methods and sub-contractor appointments and payments
- Liaise with and reporting to the managing director
- Requires a relevant Qualification/Degree in Construction Management/Civil Engineering with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have a strong practical and technical background in the construction sector and in particular housing development
- Be a strong communicator with good people skills
- Be well organised, motivated and able to work using own initiative
- Have good commercial acumen and enjoy a varied job role
- Be ambitious and keen on pursuing your personal development
- Experience in surveying, setting out, AutoCAD, etc an advantage
- Ideal candidate will have a full clean driving licence
The Salary negotiable and depending on experience.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday 11th March 2019.
To apply, send your CV and cover letter marked for the attention of the Managing Director to GDC (Irl) Ltd, Kilderry, Muff, Co Donegal F93 XA38, or by email to [email protected]
If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.