Finn Harps are still seeking their first win back in the Premier Division of the Airtricity League after Friday evening's home defeat by Bohemians. It finished:

Finn Harps 0, Bohemians   1

Bohemians notched up their first league win at Finn Park since 2008 as they overcame basement club Finn Harps to stay second in the table.

Daniel Grant’s first-half strike proved to be the match-winner for Keith Long’s side as win-less Harps suffered their ninth defeat in 11 outings.

Harps, who showed three changes from the side that lost 3-2 to Derry last time, gave a league debut to teenager Stephen Doherty.

Bohs , on a second trip to the north-west in the space of a week, (they beat Sligo Rovers 2-0 last Saturday) made one alteration with Aaron Barry in for the suspended Rob Cornwell,

Bohs went close through headed efforts from Daniel Grant and James Finnerty early on before Harps conjured up their first opening on 14 minutes when Nathan Boyle showed some deft touches before unleashing a shot that was stopped by James Talbot.

Harps came into the game as the half progressed but Bohs almost capitalised on a mistake by Keith Cowan on 32 minutes as Dinny Corcoran seized possession and found Keith Ward but his shot was blocked by Ciaran Gallagher’s outstretched leg.

Ward then played a fine ball through to Grant, but under pressure from two defenders he fired wide.

Gallagher than made a finger-tip save to tip a Kevin Devaney shot over the cross bar on 35 minutes.

Bohs took the lead on 37 minutes as Ward skipped down the left flank and whipped in a cross. Corcoran failed to make the telling connection but Daniel Grant was on hand to pounce and find the net.

And the Gypsies almost doubled their tally two minutes later as Corcoran hit the post and, following up, Ward was denied by the increasingly busy Gallagher.

Harps began the second half on a positive footing and John Kavanagh forced Talbot into making a save at the foot of the post.

Caolan McAleer provided the main threat for battling Harps and Sam Todd went close with a close range header on 76 minutes.

But the mean Bohs defence – which has conceded only three league goals to date – stood firm and at the other end Devaney was denied by a fine Gallagher save on 78 minutes.

Boyle had a late chance for Harps saved by Talbot.

Harps remain on the bottom rung of the league ladder and next up is an away trip to champions Dundalk.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.