It's full time in the First Division title showdown between UCD and Finn Harps at the Belfield Bowl.

And it finished:

UCD 1 , Finn Harps 1

UCD are the First Division champions - and have gained promotion - but they had to come from behind to defeat gutsy Finn Harps in a cracking contest.

Harps are guaranteed of second spot and have one game left, at home to Cabinteely next week.

In the first half, UCD began positively with the lively Neil Farrugia looking particularly menacing with a couple of early forays.

But second placed Harps had the best chance in the opening 15 minutes when John O’Flynn, in a rare start for the Ollie Horgan managed side, rose to meet a Jesse Devers cross from the left but his header was saved by Conor Kearns.

Devers tested Kearns again shortly afterwards while at the other end Faurrugia gave Harps a scare with an ambitious effort and James McClelland had a powerful header not far over the target.

UCD almost took the lead on the stroke of half-time but a shot from Gary O'Neill squirmed just outside the post.

Harps had a real opportunity to break the deadlock on 64 minutes when Devers raced through on goal but his shot was comfortably saved by Kearns.

Play then swung to the other end and Farrugia whipped in a great cross but Conor Davis was just unable to connect.

Harps missed a glorious chance on 67 minutes when following a real goalmouth scramble the ball fell to left-footed defender Niall Logue but he blasted over with his right foot from eight yards.

Logue then found the side netting shortly afterwards as Harps looked the better bet to score.

Harps brought on Paddy McCourt for the final 15 minutes.

Keith Cowan then put Harps into the lead on 80 minutes as he connected with a Gareth Harkin header at the far post.

But UCD were back level within 90 seconds as Conor Davis stormed towards goal and fired past Ciaran Gallagher.

In stoppage time, Harps gave UCD a late scare from a corner and UCD then almost nicked it with the ball pumped through to  Jason McClelland but Ciaran Gallagher was  out to clear in time.

Harps fully deserved the point.

Harps now go into the play-offs.

If you have a story or want to send a photo or video to us please contact the Donegal Now editorial team. Between 9am and 5pm Monday to Sunday please call 074 9112712. Between 5pm and midnight please call or text 086 792 2103. Or you can email [email protected] at any time.